Friday, December 29, 2006

Dear all, on March 18th 2007 I will be running my first marathon. People run marathons all the time and ordinarily this is no big feat, to which I would agree. But in this particular instance I am running for an extraordinary individual and his family.

Greg Wright Jr. made the ultimate sacrifice for his country in Iraq last year, and is a true hero and a patriot. I met Greg almost 12 years ago at Marine Officer Candidate School in Quantico, Virginia. We did our first year of training together, and were roommates at the Infantry Officer's Course. We also did our first tours together at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina. Greg was a great Marine and a great friend. Greg loved good times and was truly happy when he was around the people he loved. He never met a stranger, and I will always remember him for his gregarious and fun-loving personality.

I also had the privilege of being stationed in Greg's hometown of Virgina Beach, where I got to know his parents. Greg Wright Sr. and his wife Joan are two wonderful people, who took me into their home like I was one of their own.

I would like to honor Greg and his parents by raising as much money as I can for his scholarship fund. If you would like to read more about the scholarship, head to their WEBSITE. Whatever money you can give would be most appreciated.

Thank you and God bless, Thomas (aka Tommy, Fat Tommy, FTC, Horse, Fat Bastard, Claymore, and any other nom de guerre I have been called or left off this list for the sake of decorum).

http://www.gregwrightjrmemorialfund.org/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uncle Horse-
You're a great American and an inspiration to more people than you will ever know.
God Bless,
Cousin Larry