Thursday, March 15, 2007

The final tally

Dear all, I am leaving for the race tomorrow. I made a 19 mile run on March 2nd, I am feeling very confident about the race. Even if catastrophe strikes, it does not matter because we smashed our fund raising goal. Each member of Team Wright had a goal of raising 2500 dollars per runner. The Marines of the Infantry Officers Course (IOC) 5-96 (Greg's class) fielded two runners, myself and Shawn Blodgett. The Marines of IOC 5-96 and their friends and family, raised a whopping 10,555 dollars for Shawn and me. I would like to give a special thanks to my cousin Dr. Ted Fogarty, who donated 1000 dollars in the name of Mary Beth Fogarty, and my brother-in-law Eddie Leonard and his brother Bob, together they donated nearly 1000 dollars in the name of Yvonne Leonard. No matter what the outcome in the race, everyone who has contributed has done a great thing for a great cause. Those who knew Greg will tell you he was truly one in a million. I am presenting the check to Mr. and Mrs. Wright at a party in Greg's honor on Saturday (March 17th). I am going to film it and post it to the blog so all of you can see the joy you helped bring to the Wright family. Semper Fi, Tommy.

No comments: